03 May 2012

The Royal Swedish House of Bernadotte

A potrait of Princess Victoria of Sweden, from a French magazine, Point de Vue. She is wearing a large cut steel and gold tiara, which used to be worn often by Queen Silvia.

An engagement portrait of Prince Daniel and Princess Victoria.

Princess Victoria wearing a diamond spike tiara.

Princess Victoria at Drottningholm Palace, wearing a diamond spike tiara and a sparkling pink satin dress.

Princess Victoria in formal dress.

A postcard of the Royal family in traditional Swedish dress. I found this postcard in Granna, Sweden, and in fact, I did not find in difficult to find postcards of the royal family wherever I was in Sweden, whose people doesn't seem to hate their royal family, as it seems so many European countries do. Nowhere in Belgium or Scotland (except the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh) could I find Royal postcards.

I went crazy in Sweden and bought as many postcards of the royal family I could find. Stockholm was especially suited for this, and I often found inexpensive postcards that were 5 for US$1. 

A formal shot of the royal family. Crown Princess Victoria was married in 2010 to Daniel Westling, a former gym owner. Victoria's other two siblings, Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip, have yet to be married.